You can know more about editing the articles in the wiki by reading guidelines.


Jump to navigationJump to search

Runway (Part iii of Mission 1: Arkangelsk) is the third level in GoldenEye 007. This is one of the levels featuring a tank.

World Records
Difficulty Time First achieved by
Agent 0:21 Eric Bergmann on 2020-02-18
Secret Agent 0:22 Bryan Bosshardt on 2012-06-20
00 Agent 0:28 Ryan Gibbs on 2018-07-10
LTK 0:39 Michael Lightbody on 2019-12-21
DLTK 0:43 Adam Bozon on 2010-07-22



a. Find plane ignition key
You must pickup the ignition key from the desk in the guard hut to the left of the starting area.
b. Escape in plane
Run to the plane and press B to end the level.

Secret Agent

a. Find plane ignition key
b. Destroy missile battery
This is on top of the tower next to the plane. It requires using a mine, grenade, or the tank to destroy it.
c. Escape in plane

00 Agent

a. Find plane ignition key
b. Destroy heavy gun emplacements
There are three protected drone guns that must be destroyed using a mine, grenade, or the tank.
c. Destroy missile battery
d. Escape in plane


Hut grenade

The "last piece of the puzzle" found by Berg during his strategising for the agent untied, and measured as saving a surprising 0.10-0.15s on console. Also called "eliminating the hut guards", it just involves tossing a grenade very imprecisely in the hut somewhere to kill both of the guards there. This is incredibly free and should be used by all players. [1]

The thinking is that these guards spend a significant part of the run aiming at Bond down the entire length of the runway, and the end of the run is already more laggy due to explosions and other runway guards. It has always been done on SA out of necessity - these guards regularly blow up the plane - but on agent it was assumed that the extra grenade explosion would just make more lag, and so cost time if anything.

Ground grenade

Holding the grenade and dropping it on the ground is a common beginner strategy used to self boost.

Grenade juggle

This involves looking upwards and throwing a grenade in the air. The grenade should travel roughly along your current path and then fall back to the ground and explode enough behind you to give you a boost.

Leaned throw

The it is possible to eliminate the missile battery and heavy gun emplacements with a grenade using a leaned throw. This was used to set the 00 Agent world record of 0:28, a 4 second untied at the time when set.

Technical Details


5 of the 6 guards along the runway are treated as spawn guards. The one closest to the plane is a normal guard. These respawn every 2s. Spawn guards are spawned in different places, depending on where you are (just like on Streets and Depot). Spawn guards have an 80 / 256 (31.25%) chance to spawn with 1x Klobb with 40 health, an 80 / 256 (31.25%) chance to spawn with 1x KF7 with 40 health and 10 armor, and a 96 / 256 (37.5%) chance to spawn with 2x Klobb with 40 health and 20 armor. [2]

There are 2 patrolling guards.[3]


General tips
  • NTSC is favored over PAL for Agent and Secret Agent 0:22[5]. And on 00A the same general preference exists, but also the R-Leaned grenades don't go as far on PAL, so the longer lines would lead to direct time loss.
  • When using 2.x, let the first cinema play but cut the second cinema immediately. Bond moves forward at the start of it; cutting means you will have to turn less to get the nades and save some time[6].
  • Whether or not you get full strength grenade boosts is mostly out of your control.[7]
  • The hut nade should be close to the doorframe for a more direct boost, rather than a semi side-boost. Try to bounce it off the wall.
  • Try to get the maximum of the first hut boost because it's the easiest to get the timing right and should be somewhat consistent. Using the full boost momentum is important there, you should turn while getting boosted and end up in the best line possible to the plane[8]
  • Aim left of the key, to be in right strafe by the time you actually pick it up, making for a better line leaving (and no grinding on the table)[9].
  • Don't turn towards the plane. The plane's hitbox is a big circle, and once you're inside that circle you can press B to end the level. Turning to face the plane does nothing but make it take longer to get inside the circle[10].


Secret Agent

00 Agent



External Links


  2. Icy. "the-elite Goldeneye facts topic post on miscellaneous function explorer facts". Retrieved July 16, 2021.
  3. Icy. "the-elite forum Goldeneye facts post on guard AI". Retrieved July 16, 2021.
  4. Grav. "the-elite forum post "Post Runs For Critique Here!"". Retrieved July 19, 2021.
  5. Falangen. "the-elite forum post "Going for runway 22 with 1.2 on PAL. After 1400 23s, i'd like some pointers"". Retrieved July 28, 2021.
  6. Niiro Kitsune. "the-elite forum post "Post Runs For Critique Here!"". Retrieved July 19, 2021.
  7. Icy. "the-elite forum post "Post Runs For Critique Here!"". Retrieved July 19, 2021.
  8. vitorr. "the-elite forum post "Post Runs For Critique Here!"". Retrieved July 19, 2021.
  9. SGT RAGEQUIT. "the-elite forum post "Post Runs For Critique Here!"". Retrieved July 19, 2021.
  10. mw. "the-elite forum post "Post Runs For Critique Here!"". Retrieved July 19, 2021.
GoldenEye 007 solo missions